Title: The Case for Impeachment: How to Get Rid of President George W. Bush
Authors: DAVID LINDORFF, journalist for three decades (The Nation, BusinessWeek, Salon) and author of the book This Can't Be Happening: Resisting the Disintegration of American Democracy. BARBARA OLSHANSKY, the Director Counsel for The Center for Constitutional Rights who is currently managing habeas litigation on behalf of 300 detainees held at Guantanamo Bay.
Publisher: St. Martin's Press, who has also published Joe Conason's Big Lies and Truth and Duty by ousted 60 Minutes producer Mary Mapes.
- Lying to and inducing Congress and the American people into an unjust war.
- Allowing his friends, families, and business cronies to profiteer off the war in Iraq -- a crime tatamount to treason.
- Authorizing torture and rendition of prisoners of war and suspected terrorists -- a complete violation of the Geneva Conventions, a treaty the U.S. has signed and is therefore part of our law.
- Stripping American citizens of their Constitutional rights -- holding people with no charge, offering them no trail, and never allowing them to face their accusers.
- Failing in almost every way possible to defent the homeland and our borders.
St. Martin's will be aggressive in getting the authors publicity - it'll be interesting to see how the networks respond. And yeah, I know the Repub controlled Congress won't impeach, but it's beneficial to the Democratic (and human) cause to inject rightful discourse of impeachment into the mainstream. And who knows? If approval ratings keep dipping and damaging information keeps leaking, maybe the Republicans in Congress will be forced to respond to an angry constituency by forcing this treasonous, dangerous administration out.